Purpose: To consider how we learn as adults, and how kids learn and what this might mean for learning e-literacy in this digital age.
Task:
Task:
- Go online and listen to a talk that combines the topics of e-literacy, learning, adult education and how children learn.
- The talk is by an inspirational Indian Education Scientist called Sugata Mitra. There is no need to listen to the first part of the talk so join the proceedings at 7.15 (scroll along the time bar).
- Follow the story of what happened when groups of Indian primary children from poor regional villages were given access to computer technology and the internet. You will be surprised at the outcomes.
Here is the link:
TASK ONE
Think about this question:
In light of the Sugata Mitra video how do you think adults can learn to be digital citizens, and is your digital learning experience similar or different to those of the children in the clip?
TASK TWO
Go to the week one forum and discuss this question:
In light of this week’s e-tivities what are your thoughts on being a digital citizen, how confident a digital citizen you feel you already are, and how do we best learn to become digital citizens.
My answer for the task one question is as adults we should use computer, internet, and all digital facilities that can be used to enhance our knowledge. And if it is a new issue for us, then we could learn in a group to help as understanding everything easier. My digital learning experience was similar to those of the children in the clip. That's because of the lack of digital facilities such as computers in my school. However, by learning in groups, I can improve my digital knowledge widely.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion about the task one question, It is easy for adults to be a digital citizen by applying their computing skills to participate in this learning style.
ReplyDeleteIn my own experience about digital learning, It is quite diffrent to those children in Sugata's video. My self, I used to search information in the internet induvidualy, and I used it when I got in to the University. So I have never used it in group.
My opinion might be wrong because of my English.
for task one, I think for adults, the necessity to use the digital technology will force adults to learn the technology by different means, either by peer group, office mates, friends and possibly from their children and young relatives (nephews, niece).
ReplyDeleteMy experience in digital learning is different from those children in India discussed in the video of Mr Mitra as I did not learn in group. I was fortunate that during my high school days in the Philippines, one of the subjects is how to use computer such as wordstar and lotus 123 as well as its history and evolution and some basic programming language such as Basic (basica?). From then on, I learn to use digital technology by myself or from my office mates.